Monday, September 21, 2009

CLIPSE X KAWS X COMPLEX


The Clipse once again link up with Kaws for the cover of the October/November issue of Complex... This may be one of my favorite Complex covers of all time. If you're too cheap to by the magazine you can read the interview here.

It seems like Till The Casket Drops is very disconnected from the industry as a whole. Like, "Fuck that, this is what we're on."
Malice: This album is like redemption for me. We’ve been through so much with the label, with so much in our lives. Around Hell Hath No Fury, it was just rough times. You could probably hear it in the music. We had a lot of dead weight around us that got cleared out. This time around, everything is freer; we’re in a happier place. You can really hear the change in the music. Listen to “I’m Good.” You can feel it that we’re better. Definitely. Hell Hath No Fury is about when it was more raw. This album is more along the lines of Lord Willin’. And you know Hell Hath No Fury is my favorite album.
Why is it your favorite album?
Pusha: It’s everything I want to hear in rap. My taste isn’t the most commercial of tastes. When I put on an album, I find those records I like. If I’m listening to Ross, I’m listening to “Mafia Music.” If I’m listening to Jeezy, I’m listening to track 17. That’s what I want to hear


- Drew

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home