Friday, September 5, 2008

BYNUM IS STRONGER AND READY FOR TRAINING CAMP



Los Angeles Lakers center Andrew Bynum proclaimed himself completely healthy today, saying he expects to be better than ever when training camp begins Sept. 30. "I'm doing well, man," the 7-footer said during a news conference at the Lakers' practice facility. "The knee's good. Everything's ready to go, 100 percent. I've been training, getting stronger." The 20-year-old Bynum was expected to be sidelined 8 to 12 weeks after bruising a bone in his knee and briefly dislocating of his kneecap in the third quarter of a 100-99 victory over Memphis last Jan. 13. Instead, he was sidelined for the rest of the season, and underwent arthroscopic surgery May 21 to remove some cartilage debris and smooth some rough spots on the underside of his kneecap. "Actually, I'm better," Bynum said when asked to compared his fitness to last summer. "My times on the track are better and I'm able to lift more weights. I'm stronger. I weigh about the same, I'm 285 [pounds] with less body fat." He was in the midst of a breakout season when injured, averaging 13.1 points and 10.1 rebounds. Look for the Lakers to be on another championship run this season! DAMN, can't believe I posted this dunk on my Clippers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home