Tuesday, October 27, 2009

MIXTAPE: DRE BIGGITY - THE DIAPER DANDY


Check out Dre Biggity's IM KING presented mixtape, The Diaper Dandy. Diaper Dandy refers to the prestigious title sports analyst Dick Vitale gives to the best up and coming freshman college basketball players.

"People can expect something "new". I know it's been said over and over again but I really feel the music I'm putting out is something of its own. I ask people, people that really know music like what category do you put my sound in, where does it fit in within music as a whole and faces are always left puzzled before an answer. I've heard "Big", and "Stadium Hip Hop" when conjuring up a description of the sound so I guess people will just have to make their own opinions on it after they give it a
listen. It's forsure something unique and I think the CD as a whole is very relatable. I don't focus on the bragging, swagged out, cliche song lyrics but I try and make every song a record. Opposed to just rapping I'm trying to make each song a hit and potentially touch the soul of an individual after listening to it like yea I really felt that in my gut, from the dope
beat to the hook to the realness in the lyrics."


- Drew

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home