Thursday, July 30, 2009

ODOM TO STAY WITH LAKERS



The Los Angeles Lakers have at last reached terms on a new contract with sixth man Lamar Odom, after a month of frosty negotiations that might have troubled the team and its fans more than just about anything they saw during last season's playoff drive to the championship.

"I always wanted to come back because we won the championship," Odom told ESPN's Shelley Smith. "I'm playing for the biggest brand in the world. And I'm playing with the most fluid, talented center in the world in Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum's coming back and of course Kobe Bryant. "But to now get an opportunity to play with Ron Artest, a guy I've known 16 years, it means a lot. I told Ron Ron a few weeks ago I couldn't walk away. I still had to fight. Everytime negotiations didn't go the way I thought, I just took a step back, like them pulling the offer off the table, I just knew I had to fight."

Sources with knowledge of the talks told ESPN.com that Odom and the Lakers today agreed to a four-year deal worth up to $33 million if the Lakers exercise their option on the fourth season.

- Jason

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Q7D2 said...

I'm Hyped!!!!
I want the Season to start NOW skip the NFL.

July 31, 2009 at 2:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home