Tuesday, May 26, 2009

JOSE CANSECO LOSES IN MMA DEBUT



YOKOHAMA, Japan- Jose Canseco came out swinging but didn't last long in his debut in mixed martial arts. The former Oakland Athletics slugger was defeated by South Korean super heavyweight Hong Man Choi by a knockout just 1 minute, 17 seconds into the first round at Yokohama Arena. Canseco hurt his right knee shortly into his MMA debut and lost in 1 minute, 17 seconds.
The referee stopped the fight when the 7-foot-2, 330-pound Choi knocked Canseco to the mat and started punching his head.

"That's a big man," Canseco said after the fight. "I ran into one of his left jabs and that almost knocked me out. You have no idea how scary it was facing a man that big." Canseco did land the first blow with a right to the upper body of Choi but that was all the damage he could inflict on the Korean giant. "I hurt my knee back home real bad but I didn't want to disappoint the fans," Canseco said. "I knew that at some point during the fight my knee was going to give out and once I was down I knew I wasn't going to get up. He's just too heavy to move."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is almost like the Lakers/Nuggets game last night.

May 26, 2009 at 11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home