Monday, April 20, 2009

EBAY: JUDGE "CHUNG KING CAN SUCK IT" LP


In 1989, one of my all time favorite bands, Judge, went into Chung King Studios in New York to record their debut album, Bringing it Down. At the time, Chung King was well known for it's hip hop recordings of such acts as Run DMC, LL Cool J, and the Beastie Boys. Judge recorded the album in 3 days, and they were not happy with the recording at all. Their label, Revelation Records, pressed up 110 of these albums, calling them Chung King Can Suck It, and sent them out to fans that pre-ordered the record. A few months later, Judge re-recorded the album, and the Chung King version became many record collector's holy grail.
A copy of Chung King recently made it onto Ebay, and has a current bid of $2,950! You can check out the auction here.
This is what the seller had to say...
I am selling my Judge "Chung King Can Suck It" LP. This is Revelation Records release #-1. My copy for sale here is number 65 of 110 pressed. I have never played this record and it is in great condition. I have kept the vinyl out of the sleeve so that it wouldn't make a ring like you see in vinyl sleeves this old. I have had this thing for I'd say about 5 years, and now the time has come to sell it as the apocalypse will soon be upon us and I need to buy guns to shoot the zombies with. This used to be on the list of where all the Chung Kings resided that Kev Finn kept up on the Revelation Records website, but that list seems to be gone. I will be shipping this record overnight to you to minimize the time that the post office could have to screw something up with it. I will also insure the record for the full amount that you pay for it, and take every step to ensure that this record is taken care of in shipping. Good luck with your bidding!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home