Monday, November 24, 2008

DIDDY TO PAY T-PAIN ROYALTIES FOR THE USE OF AUTO-TUNE


This whole auto-tune shit is getting way out of hand...
First Kanye and Wayne auto-tuned their records to death (after supposedly asking asking the man-in-the-top-hat himself, Mr. T Pain for permission), now Diddy released a statement that his entire new album will be sung using Auto-Tune. Auto-Tune is an audio processor which uses a phase vocoder to correct pitch in vocal and instrumental performances. It is used to disguise inaccuracies and mistakes, and has allowed many artists to produce more precisely tuned recordings. If you saw T-Pain's performance on SNL the other night, you know he can't sing!

“I gave T- Pain one point on my [upcoming] album for using the Auto-Tune,” Diddy revealed on Sunday night.

“Sign the papers,” Pain added, confirming Puff’s revelation.
“Diddy actually gave me royalties on this album just for using Auto-Tune. He signed the contract and everything. If I can do that with Diddy, somebody else better be signing something. It’s Diddy. He didn’t have to involve me at all..I’m writing and producing on his album, and he gave me extra royalties on top of that for using something I just brought back.”

Auto-Tune is officially banned in 2009! Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home