Wednesday, August 6, 2008

CAVALERA CONSPIRACY

Last night I got a chance to see my friends in Cavalera Conspiracy play the House of Blues in L.A. I left my camera at the shop, so I didn't get a chance to take any pictures. Cavalera Conspiracy is Iggor and Max from Sepultura's new band. Max left Sepultura in 1996 (My band was actually on tour with them at the time), and this is the first time the 2 have played together since. Their new album sounds like it should have been released right between Arise and Chaos A.D. The show last night was amazing, and they played a good mix of new songs, classic Sepultura songs spanning their career, and even a Nailbomb song! One of the highlights of the show was seeing Max's son, Igor, play drums for "Troops of Doom."

This reminded me of one of my favorite YouTube videos of all time, which feature two young kids covering the classic Sepultura song Refuse/Resist in their bedroom! And I'm not alone... This video got over 3 million views!

After the show, we went to Cinespace to see Mixhell, which is Igor and his wife Laima's electronic group. It's always good to see musicians that you respect still kicking ass and at the same time doing something different and outside of the box! I almost hitched a ride with Igor to Phoenix and Dallas for Ozzfest, but I had a last minute change of heart!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home