Monday, July 21, 2008

CAMBY READY TO GIVE IT TO THE NUGGETS



Six days later, and Marcus Camby still can't believe what went down. My Los Angeles Clippers acquired Camby, the NBA's leading shot-blocker the past three seasons, from the Denver Nuggets last Tuesday for the option to exchange second-round picks with the Clippers in 2010. "When I heard of the trade, I said, 'Who did Denver get in return?'" Camby said today at an introductory news conference. The answer was nobody, although the Nuggets are relieved of Camby's $10 million salary-cap figure. "Yes," Camby answered quickly when asked if the Nuggets gave him away. "I understand this is a business," he said. "No one said a word [about the trade], I found out from my agent." "I thought the way [the Nuggets] went about it was classless," he said. "I thought it could have gone down a whole lot better. I'll get over it once training camp begins when I'm around the guys. You never forget. I'm definitely looking forward to those couple games we play against Denver. "Denver was a place my family and I really loved. It was kind of shocking. I felt I did everything possible for that team." And, he added, in the community as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home