Tuesday, January 22, 2008

TALES FROM THE HARDSIDE!


Biohazard is back! And I'm not talking about the line-up that could be seen touring Europe for the last 5 years... I'm talking about the original Biohazard line-up here... Evan, Billy, Danny, and Bobby. The original line-up has not perfromed together since 1995 when Bobby Hambel left the group after touring for BIOHAZARD's third album and major-label debut, "State of the World Address."
I remember the first time I saw Biohazard. I think it it was around '92. They were on tour with NYHC heavyweights Sick of it All (one of my favs at the time) and Fear Factory. Urban Discipline had just been released, and the band was at the top of their game. Their stage show was one of the best, and we ended up following the tour to all three of the So Cal dates. Biohazard's crossover sound was a big influence on my band at the time, and you could hear it in our songs, and see it in our live show.
A few years later, a few of us actually did back up vocals on their third album, "State of the World Address." To me, a major part of Biohazard's appeal was guitarist Bobby Hambel, and once he left the band just wasn't the same.
This summer, Biohazard will reunite for a series of performances to commemorate the band's 20th anniversary. If you haven't seen Biohazard before , or if you haven;t seen them with this line-up, be sure to make it out to one of their shows!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home